*the road in texas that showed me freedom is more than an ideal*

Friday, February 18, 2011

To the stars that fade but don't die:

It seems the majority of my life I've spent ultimately pursuing one thing. Every time I lace up my running shoes, fill my backpack, mix a batch of granola, open a notebook, move my fingers across a piano, meet a friend at a coffee shop, read a new author, what I'm really doing is trying to hone in on the center of who I am by letting my self be released into the things that I've found to bring me life. I've spent years trying to figure out what these "things" are, continually adding to my personal COMING ALIVE vault as I have more experiences, meet more people, see more places.

Three years ago I hit a low point in my life, a point which made me realize how unhealthy I had become. It made me wonder, what does it even mean to be healthy? Magazines and messages scream about gym memberships, power foods, and taking time for yourself, but I couldn't think of a single person in my life who seemed to have mastered the art of overall health. Weeks went by and I couldn't get the idea of what it might look like to be truly healthy out of my mind. It became a bit of an obsession and to be honest, made me a bit frantic at times. If it was possible, I wanted to find out what it meant and what it both felt and looked like.

I've decided to start this blog as a record of what I've found for myself to be true health. The term "health" actually makes me cringe a bit, so maybe I'll try to come up with a better word to use, but basically what I'm going to do is chronicle my journey (hopefully daily) toward this thing called health.

I feel no need to explain any further. I'd rather you just come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment